Bike to Work scheme
Cycle to Work Scheme
This scheme aims to encourage you to cycle to and from work. Under the scheme your employer can buy a bicycle and safety equipment for you. This will not be a taxable benefit-in-kind.
There are now two limits, depending on the type of bicycle purchased.
For pedelecs or ebikes and related safety equipment the limit is €1,500. For other bicycles and related safety equipment the limit is now €1,250.
Prior to 1 August 2020 the limit for all bicycles and safety equipment was €1,000.
The purchase can be made in our shop.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DOES THE BIKE TO WORK SCHEME COVER?
The scheme covers the following items, which must be purchased as new (not second-hand):
- New electric bikes (electrically-assisted bikes that require some effort to propel)
- Cycle helmets
- Bells and horns
- Lights (including dynamo packs)
- Mudguards and skirt guards
- Cycle clips
- Panniers, luggage carriers and straps
- Locks and chains
- Puncture repair kits and cycle tool kits
- Reflective clothing
- Bike reflectors